Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Champagne Flute Name Tags

So these pictures are actually from over a year ago! Oops #TBT?:) Annnnyways, I was helping my sister prepare for her sister in-law's bachelorette party. We had put mini champagne bottles like the ones below in each the bachelorette's gift bag. I blogged about making the gift bags here.

 We thought that it would be cute to bring a tray of champagne flutes for each bachelorette so they'd each have one to take home. With that in mind, or course we had to do a little personalizing them. I decided to take pics of the preparation but then I could never find them and today realized they were taken with my boyfriends iphone. Soooooo here we are, a year later haha, but it's still a great party and entertaining idea so here ya go!

 I started out with these materials:

1. A list of all the girls' names spelled correctly-I didn't know them all that well and when one gets to crafting, things can get crazy and I would HATE to accidentally leave someone out due to my space cadet status:)
2. Champagne Flute
3. Ribbon
4. Glue Stick
5. Decorative Paper (I literally used some blank cards I had lying around that had a cool geometric shape repeated and cut them out to use as a firm, card stock backing)
6. Paint Pen
7. Plain Black(or any color of your preference) paper.
8. Scissors
9. Heart Shaped Paper Clips- You could also hole punch the name tags, but I had the paper clips from something else and was trying to use them!

I started by cutting the hard card stock decorative paper and then cut-out small black paper squares to fit on the decorative paper.

Then I took the paint pen(A decocolor paint pen found here) and began carefully writing each name in a fun, unique way:


After I had created all of the name tags, I glued the name portion onto the card stock backing. Next, I tied ribbon in a bow around each champagne flute's base. Then I poked the paper clips through the name tags and attached them to the ribbon- wha la! I purchased my champagne flutes (20 total!) from CB2.com for just 1.95 a piece and they offered free shipping! The flutes that I purchased don't look like they are available anymore but there are these spectacular and gorgeous modern ones that are still offered at $1.95 a piece!! LIKE WHAT? What a sweet deal:
Obviously the issue with these badass champagne flutes is figuring out where to get the name tags attached but I'm sure there's a way. . . . .right?:)


The best part is, you can set your drink down. . . . .even if you've had too many and you won't misplace your beverage. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme